Before getting into Mars conjunct Uranus, I want to give a round of applause to Mars for going into Aries. All I can say is, “Whew, what a relief!” Before Mars left Pisces, I felt like I was going down for the third time in a Piscean sea of emotion. February began with only Chiron and Neptune in Pisces, but they were soon joined by Mars, Venus, Mercury, and the Sun. Then on March 11th, the New Moon in Pisces joined in–I wonder how long it’s been since there have been that many planets in Pisces? Anyway, by the New Moon I was having a meltdown, swamped with confusing emotions that I couldn’t seem to deal with or let go of. Luckily, Mars came to the rescue–it entered Aries on March 12th. Within the hour, literally, my emotions straightened themselves out–all of a sudden I knew which issue was most important and what I wanted to do about it. The rest dissolved. Usually I would look for that clarity with Mercury, but Mars in decisive Aries helped me sort things through and be done with them.
Moving on, we need to brace ourselves for an explosive burst of energy when Mars’ conjunction with Uranus (0° as seen from the Earth) is exact this Friday, March 22, 2013. We’re already feeling it; its influence will diminish in early April.
Mars is the planet of action, assertiveness, and anger. It motivates us to move ahead with our desires. Uranus is the planet of change, breaking old patterns, rebellion, and the expression of our unique selves.
Put ‘em together and what have you got?:
- a sudden upsurge of desire that motivates us to take action
- the ability to assert ourselves in a situation where before we’ve been passive
- the will to break an old pattern that’s been holding us back
- freeing ourselves of internal or external restrictions about being uniquely ourselves
But we also run the risk of:
- being on the giving or receiving end of explosive anger
- handling a situation too forcefully or inconsiderately
- taking action selfishly without thinking of the impact on others
- making a sudden, life-changing decision without enough forethought
- being a rebel without a cause
- impulsive carelessness leading to an accident
I’m already noticing that I’m
- More outspoken in a group setting, for good or ill
- making more effort than usual, despite being introverted, to make new friends
- trying to check a tendency to bite off more than I can chew
Leave a comment now or later in the week about how you’re feeling the Mars/Uranus conjunction.